SACRED SERVICE MINISTRY
SACRED SERVICE MINISTRY
SEPTEMBER 2017 has the Clare team hard at work. Awesome!
PLEASE NOTE THE FILE ATTACHMENTS BELOW THAT INCLUDE THE LATEST CHECKLISTS FOR SACRED SERVICE TEAMS.
SEE ARCHIVE FOR PREVIOUS MONTHLY UPDATES
AUGUST 2017 has created some angst as we sought out leadership for the month. Kerry and her July team have offered to serve during the first Sunday of August. Stay tuned for further updates as the month progresses.
JUNE 2017 UPDATE
Marian Whitman and her June team are bringing to life the value of the month, "Delight," as they greet us at the door, usher, make and serve coffee, light candles, etc. We have such a fabulous team of "servants" at St. David's. With the blend of Sacred Service teams along with existing and long-term Greeter, Usher and Coffee Teams, we are so very fortunate.
Team Coordinators met with Peggy at the end of May to strategize for the next year's Sacred Service program. Updated checklists can be found as file attachments below.
SACRED SERVICE OVERVIEW
St. David's Sacred Service are teams of people (children to adults) who take on the supportivee tasks associated with Sunday morning events for one month each year. There are 12 Sacred Service teams operating at St. David's, with newcomers being added when they are comfortable and ready.
PURPOSE of Sacred Service Ministry:
1. To deepen the relationships of people within the church.
2. To promote a higher rate of active participation in the faith life of St. David's
3. To allow for people to test their gifts.
4. To offer an opportunity for meaningful intergenerational interaction.
5. To provide occasions where newcomers can become more involved in the life of the community.
6. To have fun!
HOW IT WORKS:
- Working with existing teams, ushering and greeting including and taking offering
- Preparing for the Coffee fellowship time
- Setting up the communion and prayer candle tables as required
- Reading scripture in cooperation with existing team
- Tidying up the sanctuary before and after the service
- Providing and preparing bread and juice for communion
- Setting up communion Sunday morning
- Serving communion
- Assisting with Community Lunch
TIME REQUIREMENTS and other FAQs:
- Some team members will be needed prior to service and others after service
- Coordination will be initially an assigned role but, later, can rotate among team members
- Kids are welcome
- Church attendance is flexible - come on your own availability
IF THIS ISN'T FOR YOU:
You will be contacted by your team leader and, at that time, you can indicate your availability. Honorable exemptions can be given by calling the office at 403 284 2276.
Available Files to Download
To download, right-click the file and select "Save link as".