Welcome to St. David's
Growing and deepening our Spiritual Lives in an Affirming and Inclusive Community
Value of the Month
DECEMBER 4, 2016
SECOND SUNDAY OF ADVENT
Rev. Peggy McDonagh and Rev. Kelley Warner
MUSIC FOR ADVENT BY THE SANCTUARY CHOIR
Guest Speaker: Janet Stewart - Wood’s Homes
The Blue Christmas Service will be held on Dec. 4 at 7:00 p.m.
Sacred Service by the December Team: Coordinator Heather Chubbway
- SPECIAL ACTIVITIES: Our church is ready for Christmas, thanks to the folks who arrived at church on Saturday morning, enjoyed pizza and magically transformed the sanctuary and adjacent areas.
"TENDERFOOT"was presented by the Chameleon Drama Group, Sunday after the service and a light lunch arranged by the group. The play showcased a number of young people from St. David's along with teens from the area. Janice Rider's creative play writing capabilities challenged the young actors who came through brilliantly. Thanks to Janice and her crew for their dedication.
- ACTS CHRISTMAS BOOK SALE: Shop for special folk on your Christmas list (or for yourself) at the Annual Christmas Book Sale after service on Sunday. Books will be available for pick up on Dec. 4.
- ANNUAL REPORT 2015-2016: If you were unable to attend the SDUC AGM on November 13, you can read the Annual Report 2015-2016 by clicking ABOUT above and opening the Annual Report.
- ADVENT AND CHRISTMAS NEWSLETTER: Check out the plans for Christmas by opening the NEWS button.
- MEMORIAL POINSETTIAS: If you wish to purchase a poinsettia in memory of a loved one, and help decorate our Sanctuary this holiday season, please fill out the form situated with the Poinsettia table in the lobby on November 27th and December 4th. All donations must be in by December 7th and the list of names will be mentioned in the December 11th and 18st Worship Folders.
- FOOD BANK: Please continue to bring items for the Food Bank that will be sent to the University of Calgary for their Food Bank. There are many students using the Food Bank but supplies are low so let’s extend our generosity to them and this program.
Check out the great events coming up.