Welcome to St. David's
Growing and Deepening our Spiritual Lives in an Affirming and Inclusive Community
MARCH 25, 2018
VALUE OF THE MONTH FOR MARCH:
Worship Service presided over by Rev. Peggy and Rev. Kelley
- Be sure to take a look at the worship folder for last Sunday which is updated as a file attachment at the bottom of the Worship Ministry page. Rev. Peggy and Rev. Kelley are currently sharing a series of reflections, focussing on Lent and the Practice of Wilderness Living. Copies of reflections are found in the foyer at church. This week the reflection was entitled "The Problem with Pain." Dr. Richard Christmas was our guest speaker.
- As this Lenten season progresses we will light the Lenten candles of promise. As the light increases and the darkness slowly dissipates, we know that we are not alone. God is with us always. We are connected all - one to another- every creature, every life. In a time of quiet we prepare our hearts for this day.
- As we approach our Easter Sunday worship celebration, remember that we are gathering on Maundy Thursday for a Pot Luck dinner beginning at 6:30. On Good Friday Morning there will be a worship service at 10:00 a.m.
Easter Flowers: We will be taking orders for the Easter Flowers next Sunday.
- We are in need of donations for our benevolent pantry. Each month we get at least a few members of the community who come to the church in need of assistance or food. We like to keep easy to eat items in stock for these occasions. Our pantry is diminishing and we are asking the congregation of St. David’s to please help us restock. If you are able, please help us with items such as: fruit cups, granola or power bars, canned meat or fish with easy open tops, crackers, lunch kits etc.
- We have begun the process of updating our Pictorial Directory. There will be forms to provide your updated contact information. There is no charge to get your photos taken. Check out the following times. Book your appointment by calling Chantal in the Office or signing up with one of our volunteers after church.
- April 12 - 2:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- April 13 - 2:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- If you would like to donate a "stove" ($135.00) in support of the Hearts and Hands travellers to Guatemala, please contact the office, Brenda Wallace or Bill Way. The team from St. David's and area are off on Wednesday, March 21 and will be returning on April 6, full of stories. Just ask us.... Ruth and Christina Cross, Wendy Day, Heather and Bill Chubb Way and yours truly, Brenda Wallace. That means that over the next two weeks, I may find it difficult to update our webpage. We will see....
- SACRED LEADER AT SDUC: If you are interested in serving on a team, please contact the church office. Check out Sacred Service Ministry on the Ministries page for more information. Heather MacIntosh and the March team are greeting us on Sunday mornings and making sure that all is in order.
- Remember loved ones or joyous occasions all year with donations to the Flower Fund. Dedications are placed in the worship folder. The flower committee sends their appreciation. As well, if anyone has celebrations or events they wish to have acknowledged in the worship folder, newsletter or on our webpage, please contact the office administrator at the church office at 403 284 2276 or email@example.com no later than Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- PASTORAL CARE: If you have any pastoral concerns about yourself or others, please contact Kelley Warner at the church office. If you know someone who is in long term care, in hospital or is in need of a visit, please contact the office.
- PRAYER CONCERNS The prayer chain is committed to praying for you in times of crisis for a period of 30 days. Please contact the office or one of the ministers.
- Interested in learning more about the events going on at St. David’s, and to share with your friends? Like us on Facebook at SDUC .