Welcome to St. David's
Growing and Deepening our Spiritual Lives in an Affirming and Inclusive Community
JANUARY 28, 2018
Baptism Celebration Sunday.
VALUE OF THE MONTH FOR JANUARY:
Worship Service presided over by Rev. Peggy and Rev. Kelley
- Be sure to take a look at the worship folder which is updated as a file attachment on the bottom of the Worship Ministry page.
- January 28, 2018 is Baptism Celebration Sunday. We are planning to have a worship service honoring and celebrating the sacrament of baptism. In preparation for that exciting event we are inviting people to consider whether or not they would like to be baptized on that Sunday morning ....this will be a baptism service for the entire community. If you would like to be baptized or have children baptized or would like to reaffirm you faith please contact the office or Rev. Peggy McDonagh.
We are in need of donations for our benevolent pantry. Each month we get at least a few members of the community who come to the church in need of assistance or food. We like to keep easy to eat items in stock for these occasions. Our pantry is diminishing and we are asking the congregation of St. David’s to please help us restock. If you are able, please help us with items such as: fruit cups, granola or power bars, canned meat or fish with easy open tops, crackers, lunch kits etc.
Healing Touch offers its ministry on the first Wednesday of every month. Their next evening is February 2, 2018 beginning at 7 p.m. Book your appointment by calling the office.
- In February 2018 we will be updating our Pictorial Directory. Stay tuned for photo session dates and forms to provide your updated contact information.
- If you would like to donate a "stove" ($135.00) in support of the Hearts and Hands travellers to Guatemala, please contact the office, Brenda Wallace or Bill Way. ACTS, St. David's Adult Spiritual Development Committee, is offering this new possibility for St. Davidians and friends to take an active role in outreach and spiritual development through the Guatemala Stove Project. From March 21, 2018 to April 6, 2018, Heather and Bill Chubb-Way are hosting a group of volunteers from St. David's who will be installing ceramic stoves in the homes of the mountain people of Guatemala. The Hands and Hearts Foundation provide all the logistics to volunteers who come from Canada and whose volunteer offering is matched by the government of Canada and is, therefore, tax deductible. Questions and inquiries will be fielded by ACTS committee members and/or Heather and Bill Chubb-Way. http://handsandheartsfoundation.org/about-us.htm http://www.heartshands.ca/hearts_hands_events.html
- SACRED LEADER AT SDUC: If you are interested in serving on a team, please contact the church office. Check out Sacred Service Ministry on the Ministries page for more information. The January Team under the leadership of Darlene and Franz Heynen are having a very busy month.
- Remember loved ones or joyous occasions all year with donations to the Flower Fund. Dedications are placed in the worship folder. The flower committee sends their appreciation. As well, if anyone has celebrations or events they wish to have acknowledged in the worship folder, newsletter or on our webpage, please contact the office administrator at the church office at 403 284 2276 or email@example.com no later than Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- PASTORAL CARE: If you have any pastoral concerns about yourself or others, please contact Kelley Warner at the church office. If you know someone who is in long term care, in hospital or is in need of a visit, please contact the office.
- PRAYER CONCERNS The prayer chain is committed to praying for you in times of crisis for a period of 30 days. Please contact the office or one of the ministers.
- Interested in learning more about the events going on at St. David’s, and to share with your friends? Like us on Facebook at SDUC .