Welcome to St. David's
Growing and deepening our Spiritual Lives in an Affirming and Inclusive Community
VALUE OF THE MONTH:
September 24, 2017 - Rev. Peggy McDonagh and Rev. Kelley Warner
"As I say yes to life, Life says yes to me!"
Sacred Service for September, 2017
Bob and Janet Claire and their veteran team are greeting us on Sunday mornings with the Heather and Ray McIntosh team (February) acting as "Buddy Team" for the month of September.
"Relationships are living things, delicate systems with feelings, hopes and fears. So handle them with care. Live with love. Give and receive with awareness. Say "no" to anything that divides and destroys love. Say "yes" to everything that is life affirming"
- SDUC's Foundation is sponsoring a "Leaving Well" Seminar on Saturday morning from 9:30 to 12:30 on September 30, 2017. Check out details on the Events Page.
- ANGEL VOICES, SANCTUARY AND CHAMBER CHOIRS as well as the SDUC orchestra have practices this week. Consider joining this incredible music ministry. Contact our music director, Brent Tucker, or the office for further details.
- Programs at SDUC will soon be in full swing as summer moves into fall. ACTS "Monday Night Book Study" books were available Sunday morning. Our first session is tonight, September 18, 2017. Check out ACTS ministry for further details.
- The CHAMELEON DRAMA GROUP has launched its fall drama program under the direction of Janice Rider. Next rehearsal is Saturday at 6:00 p.m.
The Sanctuary Choir was featured during this week's service.
- Plan to attend the Emmet Cahill Concert on OCTOBER 4 at SDUC. Emmet Cahill is listed as "The most exciting Irish Tenor of this generation." Tickets for the event can be purchased at St. David's office for $40.00. Further details can be found by clicking the following link. www.emmetcahill.com
- SDUC Friendship Club is going to Fort Calgary for the October meeting on October 13, 2017.
- MARK OCTOBER 28, 2017 ON YOUR CALENDARS... SDUC is hosting a giant rummage sale under the direction of Ian McDonald and his team of recruits. Save your items and plan to donate and shop at the sale this fall.
- SACRED LEADER AT SDUC: If you are interested in serving on a team, please contact the church office. Check out Sacred Service Ministry on the Ministries page for more information.
- Remember loved ones or joyous occasions all year with donations to the Flower Fund. Dedications are placed in the worship folder. As well, if anyone has celebrations or events they wish to have acknowledged in the worship folder, newsletter or on our webpage, please contact the office administrator at the church office at 403 284 2276 or email@example.com no later than Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- PASTORAL CARE: If you have any pastoral concerns about yourself or others, please contact Kelley Warner at the church office. If you know someone who is in long term care, in hospital or is in need of a visit, please contact the office.
- PRAYER CONCERNS The prayer chain is committed to praying for you in times of crisis for a period of 30 days. Please contact the office or one of the ministers.
- Interested in learning more about the events going on at St. David’s, and to share with your friends? Like us on Facebook at SDUC .