Welcome to St. David's
Growing and deepening our Spiritual Lives in an Affirming and Inclusive Community
Value of the Month
FEBRUARY 26, 2017
Rev. Peggy McDonagh and Rev. Kelley Warner
Sacred Service by the February Team: Leader Bonnae MacTavish
- ACTS: Join us at our annual Lenten Retreat at Mt. St. Francis next Sunday, beginning at 11:30 with a silent lunch. Susan Campbell, Director, will be leading a reflective afternoon around the theme of "Encountering Mercy." Cost is $30.00 for the retreat.
- CHUBB-WAYS will be presenting a talk after worship service on Sunday on their upcoming trip to Guatemala with their stoves that offer safer cooking and heating options to the villages where they wil be visiting.
- SACRED SERVICE MINISTRY: Follow the development and growth of our Sacred Service Ministry Teams - a program launched in September, 2016 - on our MINISTRIES page.
- PASTORAL CARE: If you have any pastoral concers about yourself or others, please contact Kelley Warner at the church office. If you know someone who is in long term care, in hospital or is in need of a visit, please contact the office.
- MACG: METRO ALLIANCE FOR COMMON GOOD Refer to the Attached Newsletter for January 29 for more information about this exciting new alliance that promises to bring together city-wide agencies serving issues relating to "Reconciliation Between Indigenous and Non-Indigenous Peoples" and "Supporting Seniors."
- PRAYER CONCERNS The prayer chain is committed to praying for you in times of crisis for a period of 30 days. Please contact the office or one of the ministers.
We need your help. In a congregation the size of St. David’s it can be difficult to know who has not been present in worship for some time. If you are aware of someone you have not seen for awhile please contact the office or contact the people and let them know that they are missed. As a congregation, we all have to be aware of one another and acknowledge those absent to ensure everyone feels cared for and valued. Let us all do our part to keep connected.
- FOOD BANK: Please continue to bring items for the Food Bank that will be sent to the University of Calgary for their Food Bank. There are many students using the Food Bank but supplies are low so let’s extend our generosity to them and this program.