Welcome to St. David's
Growing and deepening our Spiritual Lives in an Affirming and Inclusive Community
"ENTHUSIASM" -- FINANCE MINISTRY
Value of the Month
MAY 28, 2017
Rev. Peggy McDonagh and Rev. Kelley Warner
Sacred Service by the MAY Team: Brenda Wallace - Leader
St. David’s Annual Budget Meeting: JUNE 4, 2017 following worship. A light lunch will be provided by the Council. It is that time of year again. See you there. The various ministries are busy with budgeting these days.
- After service on May 7, there was an information session regarding restructuring of the United Church of Canada as per Proposal #1 and Proposal #4. St. David's vote must be received by June 30, 2017. The cost of maintaining the existing structures with the national church is the topic of discussion. Further information can be found by clicking this link. Proposals 1 and 4 re: Structural Changes
Donations are now being accepted for the Spring Silent Auction. Please bring your donations to the church office, or sign up on the board after Worship. Bidding will close on June 11. (Note: change in date.) The donation list is growing. If you have something to offer, your contribution will be much appreciated. Donations will be on display until the 11th. Bidding has begun. Our goal is to apply funds raised to our commitment to help eliminate a projected deficit.
AUGUST SACRED LEADER REQUIRED!
We are in need of a team leader for August. If you are interested, please contact the church office. Check out Sacred Service Ministry on the Ministries page for more information.
- Remember loved ones or joyous occasions all year with donations to the Flower Fund. Dedications are placed in the worship folder. As well, if anyone has celebrations or events they wish to have acknowledged in the worship folder, newsletter or on our webpage, please contact the office administrator at the church office at 403 284 2276 or firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday at 9:00 a.m.
- PASTORAL CARE: If you have any pastoral concerns about yourself or others, please contact Kelley Warner at the church office. If you know someone who is in long term care, in hospital or is in need of a visit, please contact the office.
- PRAYER CONCERNS The prayer chain is committed to praying for you in times of crisis for a period of 30 days. Please contact the office or one of the ministers.
- Interested in learning more about the events going on at St. David’s, and to share with your friends? Like us on Facebook at SDUC .