Welcome to St. David's
Growing and Deepening our Spiritual Lives in an Affirming and Inclusive Community
MARCH 24, 2019
Lent III: Reconnecting with an Unhurried God
Worship Service presided over by Rev. Peggy McDonagh
Following service: Seniors' Corner presents "What keeps you awake at Night?" See Ministry/Adult Spiritual Development Ministry for details
VALUE OF THE MONTH: COMPASSION
- LENT II Sunday morning, we were honoured to have as our guests several members of the Rainbow Elders led by Rocky Wallbaum, our Guest Speaker. He was introduced by Jennifer McTavish, Affirm Committee Chair. He gave a brief history of their group that began in 2017 and over their short time together, the group has offered a gathering place where members feel safe. Their gathering opener is, "What's going on in your life?" His reflection was entitled, "Making Connections." Rocky expressed thanks for the support offered by Calgarians. Rev. Peggy's Lent II Daily Lenten Practices can be found on the MINISTRIES/WORSHIP page. The musical ministry by the Sanctuary Choir added to the worship service.
- Please check the Worship Ministry on the Ministries Page and/or Sermons at the top of this page for further information on our worship service.
March 24, 2019: Lent III: Reconnecting with an Unhurried God. The Lenten Liturgy is adapted from Dr. Marcia McFee's Lent Resource.
- We do like to eat together and this past Sunday, we feasted on savoury and sweet pies donated by members of the congregation to mark Pi Day (March 14 - 3-14) and to honour the meaning and purpose of being an Affirming Community of Faith. Thanks to everyone who made pies and to all those who stayed to eat and visit!! Robertson Hall was packed!
- For the upcoming Faith Quest Youth events, select the Ministries Page and then Ministry of Families for the schedule. As well, check this page for messages from Alison regarding Faith Chat and Faith Quest.
- Coffee and Muffin Ministry. A warm welcome (and yummy treats) await you on April 11, 2019 any time between 7 a.m. and 2 p.m. Thank you to the team that makes this monthly celebration possible.
- SACRED LEADER AND PSALT AT SDUC: Thank you to the March team, led by Heather MacIntosh. Our gratitude overflows for your dedication and for making our worship service that much more meaningful. In the balcony on the March 17, 2019 were PSALT members (Projection, Sound and Light Team), Jonathan Sharp and Meryl Arnott. In the office were Bernie Nemeth and Peter Adams. Wendy Dey was our worship reader. Downstairs there were a host of our wonderful people preparing lunch for the rest of us. Thanks to all.
- Remember loved ones or joyous occasions all year with donations to the Flower Fund. Dedications are placed in the worship folder. The flower committee sends their appreciation.
- As well, if anyone has celebrations or events they wish to have acknowledged in the worship folder, newsletter or on our webpage, please contact the office administrator at the church office at 403 284 2276 or email@example.com no later than Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- Remember that offering envelopes are available in the Voices United hymn book, at the back of the church or from an usher. If you would like to have contribution envelopes, please contact the office. Tax receipts have been issued for all identified donations and offerings. (PAR cards are available from the ushers to be placed on the offering plate as a symbol of your offering given through PAR.)
- PASTORAL CARE: If you have any pastoral concerns about yourself or others, please contact Rev. Peggy McDonagh at the church office. Deb Stockdale is serving the St. David's Community until June 30 in the Pastoral Care Ministry. We welcome Deb in this role. If you know someone who is in long term care, in hospital or is in need of a visit, please contact the office.
- RAINBOW ROOM NURSERY is available for infants to pre-school age, downstairs at the far end of Robertson Hall. Vanessa will be there to greet you and your little ones.
- PRAYER CONCERNS The prayer chain is committed to praying for you in times of crisis for a period of 30 days. Please contact the office or one of the ministers.
- Interested in learning more about the events going on at St. David’s, and to share with your friends? Like us on Facebook at SDUC .