Welcome to St. David's
Growing and Deepening our Spiritual Lives in an Affirming and Inclusive Community
JANUARY 20, 2019
Worship Service presided over by Rev. Peggy McDonagh
VALUE OF THE MONTH: COMMITMENT
- On January 13, 2019, ACTS (ADULT SPIRITUAL DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE) presented the reflection on their Fall Monday Night Book Study, "Book of Joy" in which Doug Abrams, author, covered the highlights of a week spent together with the Dalai Lama and Archbishop Tutu on the occasion of the Dalai Lama's 80th birthday. With scriptures selected about Joy, the presenters, Wayne Holst (Adult Spiritual Development Ministry), Jock McTavish, Deb Charnuski, Eldon Godfrey and Sheryl Schoenthaler, reflected on what the "Book of Joy" meant to them. Hymns chosen were joyful and ministry of song by the Chamber Choir added to the message of Joy.
- ACTS Winter programs began on January 14, 2019 (Monday Night Book Study at 7 p.m.) and on January 17, 2019 (Thursday Morning Bible Study at 9:30), you are invited to join the Bible Study group. If you wish to participate in the Monday Night Book Study of "The Great Spiritual Migration" (Brian McLaren), join us at 7 p.m. next Monday night.
- Plan now to drop in to St. David's on Thursday anytime between 7 a.m. and 2 p.m for our Coffee and Muffin Ministry. A warm welcome (and yummy treats) await you.
- SACRED LEADER AND PSALT AT SDUC: January’s Sacred Service team is being led by Darlene and Frans Heynen. In the balcony on the 13th, PSALT members (Projection, Sound and Light Team), Brenda Wallace and Mike Trew (PP by Alison Slater) were at task with Bertha Hancock in the office. Joan Gray, ACTS, was the worship reader. Kerry Duncan McCartney and Bob Clare were counters.
- Remember loved ones or joyous occasions all year with donations to the Flower Fund. Dedications are placed in the worship folder. The flower committee sends their appreciation. As well, if anyone has celebrations or events they wish to have acknowledged in the worship folder, newsletter or on our webpage, please contact the office administrator at the church office at 403 284 2276 or firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- OFFERING ENVELOPES for 2019 are available at the rear of the sanctuary.
- PHOTO DIRECTORY UPDATE: Following extensive work by Chantal, Paige, Debbie S., Rev. Peggy (and other members of the congregation) to update our addresses, a final compilation of all required material have been seen to IPC Canada Photo Services Inc. and we should have our directories ready for distribution by late February.
- PASTORAL CARE: If you have any pastoral concerns about yourself or others, please contact Rev. Peggy McDonagh at the church office. Rev. Deb Stockdale is serving the St. David's Community until June 30 in the Pastoral Care Ministry. We welcome Rev. Deb in this role. If you know someone who is in long term care, in hospital or is in need of a visit, please contact the office.
- RAINBOW ROOM NURSERY is available for infants to pre-school age, downstairs at the far end of Robertson Hall. Vanessa will be there to greet you and your little ones.
- PRAYER CONCERNS The prayer chain is committed to praying for you in times of crisis for a period of 30 days. Please contact the office or one of the ministers.
- Interested in learning more about the events going on at St. David’s, and to share with your friends? Like us on Facebook at SDUC .