Welcome to St. David's
Growing and Deepening our Spiritual Lives in an Affirming and Inclusive Community
FEBRUARY 17, 2019
Worship Service presided over by Rev. Peggy McDonagh
Guest Speaker: Brenda McQueen, McDougall Stoney Mission Society
VALUE OF THE MONTH: TRUST
- Sunday morning, Feb. 10, 2019, was Communion Sunday with both Rev. Peggy and Debbie presiding. Rev. Peggy's reflection was entitled "The Power of Perseverance." For a recap of her reflection, click on Sermons at the top of this page. Rev. Peggy provides us with a printed copy of her thoughts, weekly.
- For the upcoming Faith Quest Youth events, select the Ministries Page and then Ministry of Families for the schedule.
- Coffee and Muffin Ministry. A warm welcome (and yummy treats) await you next on February 20, 2019.
- It is with sadness that we have learned of a fire that destroyed the apartment of Chantal's mother and brother on January 31, 2019. While it is a blessing that no one was hurt, the family finds itself without a home and all that filled that home. A GoFundMe account has been set up to provide some assistance. If you would like to help out, go to the link and follow the instructions or reach out to Chantal personally. Our prayers and loving energy are with Chantal, our Office Manager, and her mother and brother. https://www.gofundme.com/bonniemarentettefirerelief
- SACRED LEADER AND PSALT AT SDUC: The February team, led by Heather Chubb-Way, began their turn beginning on Feb. 3, 2019, ushering, preparing, cleaning up, serving, etc. Our gratitude overflows for your dedication and for making our worship service that much more meaningful. In the balcony on the February 10, 2019 were PSALT members (Projection, Sound and Light Team), Debbie Charnuski and Mike Trew (with powerpoint prepared by Alison Slater). In the office, counting, were Kerry Duncan McCartney, Bob Clare and Bertha Hancock. Betsy Woolner was our worship reader.
- Remember loved ones or joyous occasions all year with donations to the Flower Fund. Dedications are placed in the worship folder. The flower committee sends their appreciation.
- As well, if anyone has celebrations or events they wish to have acknowledged in the worship folder, newsletter or on our webpage, please contact the office administrator at the church office at 403 284 2276 or firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- OFFERING ENVELOPES and TAX RECEIPTS for 2019 are available at the rear of the sanctuary.
- PHOTO DIRECTORY UPDATE: Following extensive work by Chantal, Paige, Debbie S., Rev. Peggy (and other members of the congregation) to update our addresses, a final compilation of all required material have been seen to IPC Canada Photo Services Inc. and we should have our directories ready for distribution by late February.
- PASTORAL CARE: If you have any pastoral concerns about yourself or others, please contact Rev. Peggy McDonagh at the church office. Deb Stockdale is serving the St. David's Community until June 30 in the Pastoral Care Ministry. We welcome Deb in this role. If you know someone who is in long term care, in hospital or is in need of a visit, please contact the office.
- RAINBOW ROOM NURSERY is available for infants to pre-school age, downstairs at the far end of Robertson Hall. Vanessa will be there to greet you and your little ones.
- PRAYER CONCERNS The prayer chain is committed to praying for you in times of crisis for a period of 30 days. Please contact the office or one of the ministers.
- Interested in learning more about the events going on at St. David’s, and to share with your friends? Like us on Facebook at SDUC .