Welcome to St. David's
Growing and deepening our Spiritual Lives in an Affirming and Inclusive Community
August 27, 2017 - Rev. Peggy McDonagh
Sacred Service for August, 2017: Special thanks to Heather Chubbway for volunteering to contact members of the August Sacred Service Team for the duration of August. (Heather Chubbway's Sacred Service Team is the "Buddy" team for August)
"Nothing can trouble.... God alone fills us full of grace."
- HOLIDAY TIME at SDUC: Rev. Peggy has been away for holidays and has just returned August 1, 2017. Rev. Kelley returned from Brazil on July 25. Special thanks to Rev. Justin McNeill, St. Thomas United, who was available for pastoral emergencies during the month of July.
- SUMMER TIME AT SDUC: Worship services during the month of August continue to be a welcome opportunity for a time out from busy summer activities. Rev. Peggy is focussing on summer themes. "Be Still and Know" was the invitation extended to the congregation. Music this past Sunday featured Reinhard Sunnus on flute.
- SUMMER OFFICE HOURS: Beginning July 4, the office will be closed on Friday's. The office will remain open Monday to Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- MARK OCTOBER 28, 2017 ON YOUR CALENDARS... SDUC is hosting a giant rummage sale under the direction of Ian McDonald and his team of recruits. Save your items and plan to donate and shop at the sale this fall.
- SACRED LEADER AT SDUC: If you are interested in serving on a team, please contact the church office. Check out Sacred Service Ministry on the Ministries page for more information.
- The flowers in the sanctuary on Sunday, August 20, were donated by the Payne Family, in celebration of Joyce and Cecil Payne who have been married 70 years.
- Remember loved ones or joyous occasions all year with donations to the Flower Fund. Dedications are placed in the worship folder. As well, if anyone has celebrations or events they wish to have acknowledged in the worship folder, newsletter or on our webpage, please contact the office administrator at the church office at 403 284 2276 or email@example.com no later than Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- PASTORAL CARE: If you have any pastoral concerns about yourself or others, please contact Kelley Warner at the church office. If you know someone who is in long term care, in hospital or is in need of a visit, please contact the office.
- PRAYER CONCERNS The prayer chain is committed to praying for you in times of crisis for a period of 30 days. Please contact the office or one of the ministers.
- Interested in learning more about the events going on at St. David’s, and to share with your friends? Like us on Facebook at SDUC .